The Advantages of LED Flood Lights Over Traditional Halogen and Metal Halide Floodlights
- Reduced maintenance costs (long life – over 30,000 hours).
- An LED floodlight gives huge energy savings, using a fraction of the power of traditional flood lighting and offering the same level of illumination.
- No mercury or harmful chemicals.
- Water resistant to IP65.
- A range of white colours available (Warm White, Neutral White or Cool White).
- Due to low energy usage, LED floodlights are ideal for mobile applications where generators are normally used (building/construction sites, highway and rail maintenance etc). LED floodlights either reduce the size of generators or can simply be run from a battery (with an inverter) (something which was never possible with halogen or metal halide floodlights due to their vast power consumption).